The gentleman’s New Year’s resolutions 2012
Once again the earth has made a full rotation around the sun without being destroyed by comets, aliens or Matthew McConaughey. As such, we here at The Gentleman would like to congratulate all our readers for making it into this New Year and not getting sucked through a wormhole style vortex into the past.
To get you back into the gentlemanly mood after the indiscretions of your recent celebrations we thought we would share our gentleman’s resolutions with you to inspire you, tempt you and to take your mind off the fact that Matthew McConaughey was not sucked through a wormhole style vortex into the past.
1. Learn to act like William Shatner. As a gentleman you should constantly be trying to add new strings to your bow, however when you’re not fixing your violin try as many new things as possible, like honing your acting skills to the level of William Shatner.
2. Sojourn to the beach. If your 2011 was anything like ours here at The Gentleman then you need to recharge your gentlemanly batteries from all those martini soirees and international cigar conferences by heading to a beach somewhere for some martinis and cigars.
3. Wear more tweed. Why not?
4. Punch a Nazi. The arch nemesis of us gentleman needs to be dealt with and what better way to do so than to knock one of them unconscious with an old one-two to the cranium.
5. Get back on your bike. You don’t want to run the mileage in your Aston Martin DB5 too high, so why not substitute your shorter trips with some fresh air on your bicycle?
6. Say yes to things. If you want to get the most out of life, say yes to things that you usually wouldn’t. If William Shatner hadn’t said yes to recording a spoken word album we would never have gotten his rendition of Rocket Man and that is a world I wouldn’t want to live in.
So there you have it.