As you may or may not be aware, the new year was rung in during our sabbatical here at The Gentleman. As such may I congratulate all of our followers for making it into what I’m sure will be an eventful year of gentlemanly pastimes.
I thought it only proper that we here at The Gentleman would share our New Year’s resolutions with you in an effort to stimulate your gentlemanly urges and branch out into a new area of gentlemanly habits that you may not have tried before.
1. Travel in gentlemanly style. Even if it’s out to the countryside for a picnic, make sure you travel somewhere this year. Don’t forget to carry yourself as a gentleman at all times and also don’t remember to take the back up red wine.
2. Put your feet up once in a while. It is important that a gentleman has sufficient ‘down time’ so as to recharge the gentlemanly batteries. It’s a proven fact that playing golf followed by cigars and Scotch is as labour intensive on the body as 5 marathons, therefore a gentleman should take time when he can to rest and relax. Remember, stress can kill you, especially if it’s in the guise of that armed Cat Burglar I apprehended when I was on the French Riviera.
3. Find the Maltese Falcon. This is a pretty self explanatory resolution. Elusive and priceless, the Falcon has been sought after by many a gentleman.
4. Test Pilot an experimental form of transportation. Gentlemen are by definition, fearless. Therefore why not put your courage to the test and take a trip to the wild side via experimental transportation.
5. Learn to stare like Michael Caine. If there is one thing that Michael Caine was good at, (and there wasn’t, since he was good at most things such as masonry or skydiving) it was staring down an opponent. Learn the art of his stare and you are bound to be victorious in any duel.
6. Be the best gentleman you can be. As gentleman we should strive to be the height of style, honour, compassion and promoting the gentlemanly way of going about things. But there is always room for improvement, even here at The Gentleman. So be the best gentleman you can be for this year of 2011 and maybe one day we can all attain the status of Cary Grant.